The sondor RESONANCES optical soundtrack scanner system reads all types of 16mm and 35mm optical tracks. The process offers tools to clean-up the tracks while transferring, and eliminates image-spread distortion from soundtrack negatives. sondor RESONANCES is a joint-venture product by the MIA Lab at University of La Rochelle / France and sondor. RESONANCES is based on the OMA E film-drive. Retro-fit kits are available for the sondor OMA E and OMA S machines.
Equipped with the new Archive-Kit, the ALTRA handles warped and shrunk archive stock even better: minimal lateral travel, the entire image in perfect focus and super-gentle film handling!
The Soundhouse for your Spirit HD/2k/4k: Modular addition of Cyan track reader, Dolby Digial pick-up device and DTS time code reader.
News September 2013
sondor RESONANCES is taking off! Introduced at IBC 2012, RESONANCES is amazing film soundtrack professionals with its powerful yet simple to apply software tools.
In these times of insecurity the Swiss Franc proves stable, trustworthy and relieable. sondor and other Swiss quality products are quite like it: reliable, high quality products providing excellent value, performance and service to their customers.
That must be why people and companies the world over continue to put their trust in us.
Welcome to these new sondor customers!
· National Film Board of Canada, Montreal: OMA E Soundtrack Follower for Archival Transfer
- National Archives NARA, Washington DC: RESONANCES Soundtrack Scanner and ALTRA mk2 16/35mm HD Telecine.
- Mimar Sinan Universsity of Fine Arts, Istanbul RESONANCES Soundtrack Scanner and ALTRA mk2 16/35mm HD Telecine with Marquise OCEAN Scanning Workstation.
- Arhiva Nationale de Filme, Jilava, Romania: ALTRA Mk2 with Marquise OCEAN Scanning Workstation.
- Digimage Cinelab, Paris: OMA E Soundfollower with RESONANCES
- Filmlab Mumbai, Gosfilmofond & Gosteleradiofond, Moscow and the Bangladesh Film Archive: OMA E Soundtrack Followers for Archival Transfer
· Cinémathèque Suisse, Lausanne: ALTRA mk2 16/35mm with light OCEAN 2K workstation.
sondor. swiss made.
professional film transfer machines.
Meet us at IBC 2013, Amsterdam Hall 7, 7.H01
Vinegar Syndrome !
Tri-acetate based film soundtracks degrade rapidly, endangering our cinematographic heritage.
Mag Alignment Films
We manufacture a wide range of 16mm and 35mm multi-frequency, single tone and pinknoise calibration films on Pyral T12 and T14 stock.
sondor was founded in 1952 by Willy Hungerbuehler. Early customers were the Swiss and German TV stations. sondor soon established its name as innovative manufacturer of 16mm and 35mm magnetic film equipment and invented world-wide standards such as the bi-phase interlocking signal. Today, the company manufactures film transports and a wide range of accessories used in post studios and preview theatres, many of them built to order.